Sunday, November 15, 2009

First And Foremost




Lemme introduce myself
My name is Lynn and i'm no elf
Take a minute and sit tight
Squeeze 'em cheeks with all your might
(the only way to feel the beat is to think of an old school hip hop jam like that Scenario record by Tribe... check it... it is tight as hell)
[lol at the rhyme up there... Lynn you're such a loser]

Alright so here we go.. i'm just gonna quickly name off some categories and see how i describe myself in each of these ways.. By the way this intro here ain't just for y'all.. its for me too!

What am i passionate about?
-learning
-eating
-reading (i love you jane austin!)
-eating (wait don't i already have that down somewhere?...)
-drinking (shh... don't tell nobody... a la dad from the Wayans' brothers show, lol) juice (haha, got u... u thought i meant something else
-my friends ( i love em)
-teeth (im gonna be a dentist, sue me:D)
-shoes, clothes, anything fashion (tho my friend dave would prolly have to disagree with me on this one and put it at the top of my list lol) -- fave blogger -- the sartorialist--, if one day i found out that he read my blog i would just die! -- i plan on taking pictures of people and posting them on my blog just as he does in order to show the diversity of style that we have in boring old Ottawa.. or well thats what everyone thinks it is... Ottawa has some really, really fashionable people!!

What is on my ipod?
-Avenged Sevenfold -- yes i loooove melodic metal mmmm...
-The Killers -- have yet to go to one of their concerts but i'm planning on it!!
-Celine Dion -- the french canadian in me loves the french canadian in her
- Fall Out Boy -- they come out with an album and i die
-Keane -- awesome british band.. went to their concert in Toronto..what a trip!!! still riding on that high.. even though it was months ago! lol...
-omygosh that song from Les Dix Commandements... what's it called again? i should, know... but its awesomeeee!!!!! makes me cry... (your face, shut it!)... oh yeah i got it.. envie d'aimer
-The Fray
-Daughtry
-New Order -- omg techno from the 80's pretty awesome
-Mark Ronson -- versions will change your life, it changed mine
-Backstreet Boys -- hits from the 90's... no comment
-Amy Winehouse -- now there's a crackhead you can love!
-Fred Hammond -- BEST GOSPEL VOICE EVER!!!
-John Legend -- can you believe i almost forgot the dude.... even being completely utterly in love with his voice... oh my goodness aahh
-The Roots, Pharcide, Tribe Called Quest (influenced by my brother)


Alright so where still on this journey of discovery...

What makes me me?
AARRRGGG i totally hate this question (even thought it was posed by me!)
im awesome. read about it.

What videos do i have on my ipod/laptop (xcept i don't have a laptop yet... but as of next friday its on)?
-THE BIG BANG THEORY -- omg awesome show... appeals to the nerd in me... yes im a nerd.. im in science
-Ugly Betty -- she's hot. that's it. and amanda? nuff said.
-Merlin -- again i'm a nerd but this show's freaking awesome... i don't care who you are, start watching from season 1 now!!!!!
-America's Next Top Model -- a classic
-Accidentally on Purpose -- new sitcom, don't think its going to last very long but its very funny
-Cougar Town -- Courtney Cox kills it in this new show!
Now for some Canadian Tv:
-The Listener -- my brother introduced me to this show.. i swear i should listen to this dude more... this is an amazing Canadian show
-Being Erica -- discovered this during my semi unproductive summer.. very funny
-The Hour with George Strombolopoulos -- it says with George Strombolopoulos, nuff said. watch it! But seriously Strombo is a Canadian journalism revolutionary with his show the Hour, an excellent clash of entertainment and news and sometimes entertainment news, but never borderline boring like entertainment news shows ( i mean borderline boring where you rather stick your head in a tub of cold water for 5 secs without breathing, and not totally boring as in you want to stick your head in ice cold water until you pass out [as a weird form of entertainment])



Finally, this is where the train stops... the adventure is over... for now. I hope you guys had as much fun as i did!

skyvvys ;)



1 comment:

  1. Hey Lynn, love the description it's so you... lol

    Keep it up girl :*)
    Suela

    ReplyDelete