Monday, January 18, 2010

Haiti Cherie


There was an earthquake last tuesday
My uncle passed away on his birthday
Many say that this is what they deserved,
but does anyone really deserve such devastation?
Does anyone ever deserve so much pain?
I hears them say it was the wrath of God,
but I beg the question, was this really God?
Did he bring this pain upon humanity,
or did we bring it upon ourselves?
He predicted, He said that calamity upon calamity
would come upon this world.
But remember 2 Kings 22
Where He says: my people have forsaken me,
they have burned offerings upons strange idols
and so my wrath will be felt against this place
and will not be quenched
Is this the case here?
Is He making an example of us?
Did we deserve it?
What does this say about us?
What does this say about God?
God's word is yes and amen.
He who hates sin but LOVES the sinner...
The fear of the Lord is our strength.
Even during adversity he showeth mercy.
You must learn from this tragedy,
I must learn from this calamity,
You and I have learned and will keep on learning,
Christ's return is soon,
this is only the beginning of birthpains:
see that ye be not troubled, says He, for all these things must come to pass
but the end is not yet.
If the end is not yet, this must be just the beginning
This is a wake up call: for me, for you, for we.



Haiti cherie.


skyvvys ;)

1 comment: