Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm starting with the man (woman) in the mirror


i think its time to make a change
a friend of mine recently started a blog entitled the year of the beast
because she's ready to make a change..
i've been thinking about making a change for quite some time now
yet sat here doing nothing
well not really nothing because i do a lot of new fun stuff
but i haven't really made any RADICAL changes
and today marks the day of radical
supernatural
supercaliprucialidomexicalymusica -- whatever that super long word is turned into an adjective -- changes
i'm gonna do it
so i'm going vegetarian starting next month -- i'd said june first, but why wait for the inevitable?
going vegetarian is going to be really hard even though i was pretty much raised as one
my mom has been poultry and bovine less for 10 years now i believe?
i just think that it's better for my health etc...

and i'm going to do the BC
for those who don't know, BC stands for Big Chop and one does it
when they're going from artificially straightened --better known as chemically straightened, permed or relaxed hair -- to one's natural texture..
i'm nervous yet excited.. i'm totally acting like i've never done it before
i was remembering that i had done it a long time ago
i believe i was in 10th gr or so, so like 2005?
anyways, now its different because anyone who knows me knows that i have a hair obsession
and a perm addiction
some like to feel my tracks
(because they're wack)
so this is might just kill me, the combination of meatless dining and permless styling --DEADLY

solange knowles recently did her BC and now rocks a very sexy TWA -- teeny weeny afro -- again, DEADLY
black women have this ability to look good in so many different hair styles
and that's the only thing that's keeping
me sane in this natural hair adventure
then again, its gonna be cheaper for me in the long run --
HEY HEY HEY --



oh and the last thing that i forgot to mention is that
i've decided to do lent this year..
no i'm not catholic
but even so,
i've never given up something that i really like
and i've never actually tested my will power,
so now i'm gonna do it (year of actually doing stuff right?)
i'm going to give up SUGAR for lent.
i must apologize in advance to my friends and family for my behavior in the next 40 days
because i know someone will have murder on their minds at some point during my journey

writing this is really hard because it means that
i actually have to go through with this stuff!

so i'll be transitioning my hair for 3 months
then we'll see what it looks like..
i'll be going veg forever/permanently for the first time ever
hopefully there will be little back sliding
thankfully backsliding doesn't mean that i have to start over
because just like when you sin,
God erases the sins when you ask for forgiveness
and keeps no records of wrongs
therefore i will keep no records of wrong myself
but treat them as stepping stones, or trampolines, rather
to further me into the next galaxy,
or chapter,
whatever
pray for me for this no sugar thing -- that's all i have to say about that

many more changes to come this year..
this is just the begining!
i'll keep you guys posted and entertained.

very entertained.

skyvvys ;)

2 comments:

  1. So long trackmasters :) but on the real, respect on the changes Lynn. I'll be on your back like blacks on chicken.

    ReplyDelete