Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hmmmm...


recently i was asked to perform at a
haiti fundraiser
i thought what an excellent idea...
being the procrastinator that i am (unfortunately)
i waited until the day before to start practicing my performance
...
not a good look
...
i'm not saying that i bombed my performance
but due to a few loud persons
that composed the crowd, i almost burst out laughing
...
again, not a good look
...
one of the cool things is that
i got to wear one of my favorite dresses
again
i had previously worn it a the
congolese black history show
at ottawa u
and it's a little one shouldered number
with an african patterned skirt that
i loove!
it's one of my designs that i made
with the help of my mother

(ps. i miss brihn)
...
or should i say that she made with my help?
anyways
...
i got a lot of love about this dress and it got me thinking
that i keep designing all these clothes that i love myself
to wear them, myself, i should start sharing this
with the world
i had previously been thinking of starting my own
summer company where i
would design clothes and sell them
through an online boutique
but then i realized that i
hadn't done enough research to make all of that possible
and so i had settled for just learning how to sew
and leaving life open for future endeavours
...
but knowing myself i can't just sit there and do nothing
so i've been buying patterns
looking at fabrics
buying style books (vintage, no less)
again, checking out fabrics
...
i've finally made the decision
to make no decision and let God decide
i've gotten to the point in my life where
i feel as though i know nothing
God gave me talents and whatever He decides that
i need to be doing with these talents i will do

God bless my dudes!

skyvvys ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment